I’m going to try and keep this brief and do a pro/con list since each of my daily recaps were a bit lengthy.
For anyone wondering about weight loss, I stopped weighing myself a few weeks ago so I don’t have before/after numbers on that. I can say that I got smaller, because I took measurements of my waist, hips, butt, and thigh and they all decreased.
- I really enjoyed the food and recipes that were laid out. I definitely plan on reusing most of them.
- My cravings for sugar and carby snacks went away!
- I learned the importance of a big breakfast and often didn’t need a morning snack
- Learning first hand that eating fat doesn’t make me fat
- I started to appreciate journaling
- It got me into a morning workout routine
- Food preparation took a long time. In the future, I plan on batch cooking some meals and eating them throughout the week.
- Eating out felt overwhelming and slightly impossible.
- The whole process was very time consuming and I didn’t even do some of the recommended daily tasks (bath, breathing exercises, writing down every single thing I ate and how it made me feel)
- The supplements were quite pricey and I’m curious if they actually helped
- For me, no coffee was too difficult
Overall, I plan on keeping with the diet while cooking for myself, but won’t stress too much when eating out (for sanity’s sake). This basically means I plan to cook sugar, gluten, and dairy free but will not stress if I have dessert on special occasions or have a little cheese in my food when eating out. Keeping the diet 100% of the time I think would drive me crazy with guilt over unintentionally messing up.
The verdict on whether this helped my skin is still out. I hit a rough patch and then my skin started to improve, but then I traveled and my skin got worse. My skin ALWAYS breaks out after I spend a lot of time in a plane and sleeping in a hotel room, so this wasn’t atypical.
Will you try this diet? Any questions?